• Online Catalog
• Search online databases for articles, images and electronic books:
|ARTSTOR is a repository of hundreds of thousands of digital images and related data and the tools to actively use those images.|
The library subscribes to EBSCO Research Databases, a service providing comprehensive coverage of current literature in the humanities, the sciences, business, health, social sciences, and many other academic disciplines. Over 6,000 periodicals are available in full text format.
|EBSCO Host also includes full-text searchable ebooks which are available for use on personal computers in online formats.|
|JSTOR is a digital archive of academic journals, starting with the very first issues of these journals. Some date back to the 1600s and provide access to scholarly articles in a variety of disciplines. JSTOR is a "virtual library" of these publications and includes over 143,000 printed journal issues online.|
These resources are available to College students, faculty, and staff.
You will need a name and password for access. Please see a librarian for this information.
Citing Sources - Courtesy of the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The following patrons may borrow circulating library materials:
- Students, faculty, and staff of Chester College of New England
- Residents of the town of Chester
- Reference Books
- Current Periodicals
- Special Collections
Loan Periods and Renewals
- Circulating Books: 28 days
- Audiovisuals: 14 days
- Reserves: 3 hours (in-house use only)
Items may be renewed once; library staff may make exceptions to this policy based on demand for materials by other users. Renewals may be made in person or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Library staff may recall items on loan should there be requests for these items by faculty or other students.
Lost or Damaged Material
Lost or damaged books or audiovisuals should be reported to library staff as soon as possible. The borrower assumes responsibility for costs of lost or damaged books or audiovisuals.
The Wadleigh Library follows state and federal laws regarding the confidentiality of patron records. Librarians may not provide information about library users or materials they have borrowed or used to anyone other than library staff.
The mission of Wadleigh Library is to assist the College in carrying out its goals through:
- Acquiring, organizing, and providing access to materials in all formats which support the curriculum and specific classroom objectives.
- Providing bibliographic training in the retrieval and use of information to supplement and support classroom instruction.
- Creating an environment which promotes lifelong learning skills and actively encourages research and the exchange of ideas through open communication.
- Providing timely, courteous service which reflects the College community's commitment to quality and excellence.
- Initiating partnerships that support Library services and promote positive relationships for the College throughout the community.
Staff & Hours
- Eric Crapo, BA., MFA , Director of Library Services
- Lisa Pike, BA, MLIS (candidate), Reference Librarian
- Front Desk & Tutors
Library hours while classes are in session:
- Monday through Thursday
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday & Sunday
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Library hours during breaks or holidays will be posted.
Please email email@example.com to confirm hours.